- Scientific name : Phalaris aquatica
- English name : little seed canary grass, small-seeded canary grass, small canary grass, lesser-canary grass, guli danda (Hindi), and sittee booti
- Latin name : Phalaris arundinacea var. variegata
- Family : Gramineae
- Genus : Phalaris
- Height : 180 cm
- Lifespan : one year
- Native : Europe and South Asia and North Africa
- Light requirement : Sunny – partial shade
- Water requirement : Medium
- Ecological resistances : heat resistant
- Suitable soil : Wet soils
- Usage in green space : Planting on sloping surfaces, rock gardens and parks
Phalaris is annual plant with the scientific name Phalaris minor RETZ belongs to the gramineae family. This plant has the potential to become an invasive plant. There are currently four species in Iran that often grow as weeds in agricultural lands.
Phalaris is annual or perennial plant, with creeping and thick rhizome with flat petiole, linear, pointed, dimensions 1-5 / 1 × 35 cm, without hairs or in two levels and margin and rough tip of small and green flowers, integrated in the terminal panicle Composed of oval spikelets with dimensions of 1-3 × 20 cm, more or less discontinuous, oval, spikelets 5-6.5 mm long, green or purple-green, folders the same height as the spikelets, have Three-striped, round and non-finned.
dorsal surface, sterile outer sheath, broad bayonet, 1-1.5 mm long, slightly hairy, inner sheath in upper flower 3-4 mm long, covered with dense hairs or sometimes without cracks.
These four species phalaris are :
- Phalaris amethystina Trin.
- Phalaris angusta – timothy canarygrass
- Phalaris aquatica – bulbous canarygrass, Harding grass, Hardinggrass (syn. Phalaris tuberosa)
- Phalaris arundinacea – reed canary grass, reed canarygrass
- Phalaris brachystachys – shortspike canarygrass
- Phalaris californica – California canarygrass
- Phalaris canariensis – annual canarygrass, common canary grass, common canarygrass
- Phalaris caroliniana – Carolina canarygrass, maygrass, see Eastern Agricultural Complex
- Phalaris coerulescens – sunolgrass
- Phalaris commutata
- Phalaris elongata Braun-Blanq.
- Phalaris lemmonii – Lemmon’s canarygrass
- Phalaris minor – canarygrass, littleseed canarygrass
- Phalaris paradoxa – hood canarygrass
- Phalaris platensis Henrard ex Wacht.
- Phalaris truncata Guss. ex Bertol
Iran dried phalaris plant
If you want to create a dreamy atmosphere, the use of dried phalaris plant is highly recommended. These dried grasses, while beautiful, is completely recyclable in nature and will always look beautiful in your space without being destroyed. The reasonable price of dried phalaris plants has made the sale and purchase of dried phalaris plants a great profit for the wholesalers and exporters of dried phalaris flower .
It is herbaceous plant with straight or curved stems, 30 to 130 cm high, which is propagated by seeds. This plant has branches that originate from its base and are smooth and hairless. The leaves are smooth, slender, pointed, almost bluish green and 30 cm long.
The inflorescence is a cylindrical panicle, dense and elongated or ovoid, 2 to 5 cm long. Spikelets are 4.5 to 5.5 mm long and have one or more jag.
Place of growth and distribution of phalaris plant
The natural distribution of the plant is in deserts, steppes, sandy soils and silty soils. This weed is found in various fields, especially vegetables, peas, sugar beets, cereals, legumes and orchards. It is an annual weed and is a grass that is more common in winter crops.
Flowering time of phalaris plant
The time of growth of this seedling is from November to March and the flowering time of phalaris plant is usually in the middle of March to the end of June.
How to propagate phalaris plant
phalaris is propagated by seeds.
Notice : This article translated by google form Persian language. If you have any question or need more information please contact us or add a comment at the bottom of this page.