Dried scabiosa flower
Dried scabiosa flower : Scabiosa is a plant of the caprifoliaceae family, which is native to Europe and Asia. This plant was discovered in 1782 by an Austrian botanist in the Alps. Scabiosa flower is from scabiosa genus and 25 species of annual and perennial herbaceous plants grow in this genus in Iran. This plant has beautiful blue flowers and has an ornamental aspect and is suitable for use as cut flowers and planting in a variety of pots, planting in gardens, pastures, meadows and rock gardens.
Scabiosa flower is a perennial plant with medium growth rate that takes between 2 to 5 years to reach its final growth. The height of this plant is between 50 cm to 1 meter and its width is between 10 to 50 cm. This plant has a long stem, the leaves are long and narrow, opposite and without teeth and have a length of 5 to 15 cm.
The flowers of this plant appear on the stem of the plant in summer to autumn, have a diameter of about 4 cm and are blue, purple, pink, amethyst and white. Scabiosa flowers have a sweet aroma. The flowers are small, bluish in color and complex in the form of a capitol, but after turning the flowers into fruit, it looks round and beautiful. for more information please read Iran scabiosa flower specification .
Scabiosa flower specifications
- Scientific name : Scabiosa Columbaria
- French name : Colombaire, Scabiose colombaire
- Italian name : Soffione
- English names : Scabious, Lilac flowered scabious, Small scabious
- German name : Taubens Grindkraut
- Family : Caprifoliaceae
- Genus : Scabiosa
- Native region : Europe and Asia
- Other names : Mamsia, Tusk, Mami Tha, Mami Tha Sahara
- Lifespan : one or more years
- Propagation : Seeds and division of the plant
There are several different varietals of scabiosa plants available, most of which differ in color, and some slightly in flower appearance. Some of the most popular varieties include:
- Black Knight : A varietal that features burgundy flowers with prominent white stamens
- Butterfly Blue : A popular wedding varietal, with flowers that are more lavender than true blue
- Fama White : A varietal that thrives in cooler weather and produces larger, white flowers
- Pink Mist : A feminine varietal with flowers that are pink and near-translucent
Minimum quantity of order (MOQ) :